One key to finding consciousness in personal wellness is through truly listening to your body and taking the precautions to forgo the things that don't resinate with your body!
I am Costa Rica bound next week and knew I needed to prepare my body for the changes ahead. My body can become very frustrated with me when I travel, I easily can get sick, bloated and swollen. So instead of waiting for the inevitable I have taken the past two weeks to begin to boost my immune system and prepare it for the adventure ahead in Costa Rica!
I have added some new morning and nightly additions to my daily routine that I also have found generally help with my regular day to day New York life. Plus these simple additions can all be found in sustainable zero waste alternatives! Simply buying majority in bulk and or in reusable glass containers!
- A nightly Turmeric Milk: this traditional Indian healing spice works wonders it helps with inflammation, brain boosting and increases antioxidants
- Morning Apple Cider Vinegar with warm water this helps strengthen my gut and regulate my digestion
- Morning Probiotic- GUT HEALTH!!
- Oil of Oregano which is a natural antibiotic and also helps with inflammation
- Daily Meditation
- 3 minutes of Cat Cow, this kundalini practice helps to massage all the nerve junctions in your spinal cord and regulate the thyroid gland
Golden Milk Recipe
- 1 cup Cashew Milk (or any other nut milk)
- 1/2 tsp. Golden Turmeric (I use Moondeli)
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Ground Ginger
- Pinch of Ground Vanilla
- Pinch of Cardamom
- Optional:Pinch of Moondeli Calming Adaptogen
What you will need
- Sauce Pan
- Begin to warm the milk in sauce pan to a light boil
- Sprinkle in spices and begin to whisk all together
- Continue to whisk until froth begins to form and then reduce the heat and enjoy!
Let me know below in the comments how you prepare for your travels!