Sustainable Saturday - 02
After starting off the week with the new moon and a 102 degree fever I had lack luster energy and was on a mission to just fight this bug going around New York. I choose to fight this the all natural way and know that my body knows how to heal its self. While staying true to my minimal to zero waste daily. See what helped me get moving back to normal in just 2days!
- My first go to when I feel a bug coming on is prepare my body with daily Apple Cider Vinegar and warm water and oil of oregano (you can take capsules or oil dropper in water)
- When the flu hits hard its demobilizing and laying and resting is a must. Your body needs this and the 10hrs of sleep on Sunday were the true lifesaver for my speedy recovery.
- Eat minimal and simple foods. Your body is working to fight off the sickness it needs all the effort it can get so instead of just feeding it more allowing your body to only focus of fighting of the sickness is very helpful.
- Hydration!!! Drinking at least half my body weight in water daily is a must but when sick I try to add even more water, hot tea counts!
- Elderberry syrup, with a sore throat and cough this soothing natural remedy helps to alleviate and decreases the length time of these symptoms.
- I purchase all my oils and syrups in glass containers to be recycled, No plastic was used during my recovery and can simply be avoided!
Fighting a cold is always overwhelming and frustrating but learning to know your body just needs to rest to repair and allowing it the opportunity to help guide it do so will really help decrease the length! How do you naturally fight off the pesky winter cold?